WANTED: Heroes to transform young lives.
We are looking for mentors (18 years+) to work with children ages 9-14 who will inspire them to make smart decisions and pursue their dreams. Throughout the year, programs will run for three hours on scheduled Saturdays from 10am – 1pm. Forestdale’s mentoring program takes place at our NEW Hollis Community Center, located at 203-09 Hollis Avenue, Hollis, NY 11412.
Excellent opportunity to truly make a difference is someone’s life, build meaningful relationships, and be part of an enthusiastic, compassionate and supportive environment in addition to a great learning experience with the opportunity to learn about a multitude of issues facing underprivileged youth in New York City today.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Genuine dedication to the well-being of youth in the community, especially those in foster care
- Sincere investment in making a positive impact in the lives of others
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Respect for and desire to work with a diverse and vulnerablepopulation
- Patient, compassionate and positive demeanor and outlook
- Willingness and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow directions and maintain program boundaries
- Timeliness and diligence with responding to phone calls and emails
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team
- Be age 18 yrs old or older
- Work with five mentees as a group, using the Helping Children Thrive interactive journaling curriculum
- Participate in group activities
- Attend program field trips
- Inspire youth to stay positive, set goals, be healthy, and have fun!
- Complete application
- Complete background check and fingerprinting
- In-person interview
- Orientation and training
For more information about this program email: email@example.com.